He is afflicted by vaccine associated paralytic polio.
- he cannot stand or walk
- the fingers of his left hand do not work, so he has no grip with that hand
- his muscles are wasted and weak
- his spine is crooked and out of line
- his shoulders have little strength
- a wheelchair (sitting)
- 24 hour, 7 day a week care and help with all daily tasks
- special transport, warm clothing, some special equipment
- constant parental/carer assistance
And this is likely to continue for the rest of his life.
Hamish’s home is in Shirwell in North Devon. He is currently at University in Falmouth where he is studying for a BA (Hons) in Film. He is the youngest of four children, with two older brothers and an elder sister.
The Trustees invite donations from anyone who would like to support Hamish, and would appreciate any help you are able to give.
All donations will be acknowledged. If you choose to be involved, please fill in the form overleaf, and return with your gift (cheques to The Hamish Thompson Trust, please) to:
Mrs K Hudspith
Clerk to the Trustees
Brackendale, Heanton Punchardon
Barnstaple, EX31 4DG
Telephone: 01271 813547
Alternatively, donations can be made direct to:
The Hamish Thompson Trust
Bank Account: 33333334
Sort Code: 070093
Account Reference: 0465/704111193
IBAN number: GB97NAIA07009333333334 (necessary for overseas transactions)
Please contact Mrs Hudspith, as above, for an acknowledgement.